Name of boat: Albedo (formerly named Black Oyster, KED Endeavour and Roberta of Essex)
Number of crew: Built as a pair (two rowing positions).
Material: Fibreglass hull and cabins with a plywood deck, rear cabin isolated with sleeping mats (easily removed if needed)
Design: Phil Morrison Low profile pairs, ocean rowing boat.
Year built: 2009
Built by: Jamie Fabrizio
Previous passages: 2 Atlantic crossings completed, 67 days as part of the 2009 Atlantic race rowed as a pair under the name Roberto Coin. Rowed as a solo in 82 days across the Atlantic in 2012 under the name KED Endeavour and won the around Great Britain race – setting a new Guinness World Record 26 days, 09hours 09minutes. Another expedition was a crossing of the Barents Sea and a circumnavigation around Svalbard.
The last expedition was an attempted Atlantic crossing from Lagos, but due to bad weather the crew ran out of time and money and had to abort the expedition in Madeira where it is currently located. Perfect starting point for an Atlantic crossing! The boat has never rolled.
Length: 7.35 m
Width: 2 m
- Garmin GPS 521s with installed depth sonar
- CSB200 Class B AIS Transponder (Automatic Identification System)
- Echomax (Active X-band Radar Target Enhancer)
- Kannad Safelink EPIRB
- ICOM IC-M411 installed vhf radio
- ICOM IC-M71 portable vhf radio
- Two 12volt Lithium batteries, 40Ah + 40Ah with Bluetooth monitoring
- 4 solar panels, total 210W with MPPT charge controller
- Trailer with 2″ tow hitch, 80 km/h inspected 2018 without any comments
- LED navigation light
- Lights in both front and rear cabin
- Autohelm Raymarine ST-2000
- Sea-Safe Pro Light ISO 9650-1, 4 man liferaft, SOLAS B, new bought year 2021
- 5 Xcell X3 ocean rowing oars, 310cm
- Schenker Smart 30 water maker (fully serviced, new filter, new pump, pickled and ready for use)
- Katadyn Survivor 35 manual water maker (serviced, pickled and ready for use).
- Para anchor w/ 80m of line.
- Large and small sea drogue.
- 7kg anchor, chain and 10m of line
- 50m rope
- Fire extinguisher Xtin Klein and a fire blanket
- Tool kit and spares (gates, foot plates, etc)
- 3 knives
Stored at: Currently stored in Calheta harbour in Madeira, transport can be arranged.